Monday, September 3, 2007

Heeleys

Ok I am going to try to start writing a blog. For my first entry I thought I would tell about my experience with Heeleys. If you don't know Heeleys are those sneakers that the kids wear with the wheel in the heel. You see them gliding all over the place in the malls and everywhere else. When I first saw them I thought "If only they had those when I was a kid." I used to joke that they should make them in adult sizes and if I ever saw a pair that fit me I would buy them. Well wouldn't you know I was shopping at Costco and what do I see? A pair of size 10 Heeleys. I couldn't believe it. Of course I had to buy them, after all they were only $48.97 or something like that. It turns out that walking in those things is not as easy as it looks. Imagine wearing rollerblades with only one wheen in the heel. Thats pretty much what they are. I just couldn't do it. Fortunatly Costco has a generous return policy and I promptly brought them back the next day. The lesson learned - I am not a kid anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of buying some if I can find them in size 10. It's really hard. What kind of trouble were you having using them?
Please email me at jmiller1@satx.rr.com. Heely's in the subjet. Thanks.

Joe Vautour said...

I think my biggest problem is I am too old for that sort of thing. I
am not a good ice skater and even worse at roller blading. I just had
a hard time keeping my balance. It looked like fun but I was not cut
out for it.

Joe

Anonymous said...

Shame on you Joe, maybe your size 10 feet were too big - but then thats North American size 10 which is really size 9 right. Well i'm also an old fart (43) and Ive bought a pair too. I'm practisig in the kitchen at the moment before I go out in public with my new ride!