Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sometimes Politicians do Listen

We are in the middle of a federal election campaign and as always the city becomes littered with election signs everywhere you look. The incumbant in my area is conservative candidate Pierre Poilievre. He has a lot of signs at intersections, and often on all four corners. There is one near my home where Woodroffe Ave and Cresthaven Dr meet. It's exact location made it difficult to see traffic coming up the hill when turning onto Woodroffe from Cresthaven. So I called his campaign office and asked if they could move it back a few feet as it was a safety hazard. They listened and within 2 days it was moved back. Now I know that he didn't move the sign himself but I am very pleased that the listened to the request of a single voter.

No comments: